Saturday, February 11, 2012

YOJ Week 6 - Reclaimed & Repurposed 17th Century Ring


I found this 17th century reclaimed ring amongst a pile of old brass & bronze pieces a dealer was selling at the Tucson Gem Show. The dealer claimed all his pieces were found in the fields of Russia. No certificate of authenticity was available but one of the other shoppers who had bought previously assured me they were genuine. So I took a chance and bought this sweet little ring, I'm imagining it being worn by a hard working farmer wife who probably owned one piece of jewelry her entire life. The stone was missing so after some trepidation, I decided to glue a garnet cab into the bezel setting. It would only fit upside down, but I think it's kinda cool. What do you think?

7 comments:

Your comment will be published upon moderation.