Thursday, December 15, 2011

My New Rolling Mill

....has not arrived yet, but I just know Santa is bringing me one!

So I'm spending the intervening days educating myself. I have only used the rolling mill a handful of times and always under supervision, so I needed a comprehensive "Rolling Mills for Dummies" version. Here is one of the best free tuts on the web provided by Wired Lotus.

And here's a video by Rio Grande and one more by Melissa Muir.

Oh and Santa, apologies in advance for the heavy package, but I promise there will be some extra cookies in it for you.....  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Eva, I got my first rolling mill for Christmas, so I know the excitement that surrounds you this holiday season anticipating your new gift. If you should have any questions or exciting artistic moments you want to share with me then I would love for you to let me know!! I wish you a wonderful holiday and much artistic success with your new rolling mill.

    Susan Barzacchini
    www.wiredlotus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan! and thanks for the great tut, it's very comprehensive and thorough. I am really looking forward to playing with my new rolling mill, just wish Santa would hurry and get here already.....
    :-)
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind did you get? I can't see the pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get it yet Mary, it's a Christmas present, :-) but I think it's one of those economical ones Contenti carries...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be published upon moderation.