Saturday, July 9, 2011

Art Museum Visit

I have a touch of artists A.D.D. and tried my hand at a slew of creative endeavors  For a while I was fascinated with photography, then there was a period where glass was a major obsession, but the latest rabbit hole I've fallen into is metals. I love EVERYTHING about creating with metal from the endless variety of tools with which it can be beaten into submission, to the lovely hiss from the quench bowl after torching......

So yesterday when I finally had a chance to visit the Cleveland Art Museum, it was the metal works I was drawn to. I am amazed at what these artists of another era were able to create without power tools or You Tube video tutorials. Here are a few items that captured my imagination.....

 












Oh wait, that's my guy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be published upon moderation.